New York, NY, February 3 (NYSE MKT: IGC) — Midtown Partners & Co., LLC (Midtown) is pleased to announce the addition of Michael Legg as a director and a senior equity research analyst covering small capitalization stocks in the Resource Optimization and Sustainability sector. Mr. Legg will be based in New York and report to Michael Rindos, Managing Director and Director of Equity Research. As previously announced, India Globalization Capital, Inc. (IGC), a publicly-traded company with diverse operating businesses, has acquired 24.9% of Midtown and anticipates closing on the remaining 75.1% in the first half of 2015, subject to the receipt of required regulatory approvals.
“We are extremely pleased to have Michael join Midtown’s growing research team. Michael has a deep knowledge of the companies that are providing sustainable solutions to meet the needs of the world’s growing population whether it be power generation, water management, agriculture, energy efficiency or environmental technologies,” said Rindos.
“In addition, Michael has significant buy-side experience leading to a first-hand understanding of institutional investors. We look forward to his insights and the contribution he will make to our clients,” said Chief Executive Officer John Clarke.
Michael Legg has been an equity research analyst for Alex. Brown, Prudential, Jefferies, Rodman & Renshaw and most recently Roth Capital Partners. He has covered companies in a variety of sectors including metals & mining, industrials, cleantech and emerging growth, among others.
Additionally, Legg has years of direct investment experience having worked at MFS Investment Management and Grand Slam Asset Management focusing on small-cap growth companies. Prior to joining Midtown, Legg was a founding principal at CCM Advisory Group, LLC, a lower middle market private equity firm.
Legg has contributed to various financial publications including The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times and has appeared on numerous broadcasts for CNN, CNBC and Fox.
Legg received a Master of Business Administration in Finance from The F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business at Babson College and a Bachelor of Arts from Northeastern University.
About India Globalization Capital, Inc.:
Based in Bethesda, Maryland, India Globalization Capital, Inc. (“IGC”) has articulated a strategy to become a company with diverse operating businesses including legal cannabis and specialty pharmaceuticals. IGC is currently engaged in trading in Hong Kong, building facilities for vertical farming in the U.S., and the rental of heavy equipment in India. For additional information please visit http://www.igcinc.us.